5 Ways to Solve Mold Problems With Natural Products
Mold remediation can be challenging if you don’t know the right way to eliminate mold spores from your home. For a long time now, the mold problem has been one of the major concerns for Dallas residents. Additionally, some of the ingredients used in residential mold removal may contain toxic chemicals. Therefore, we’ve included the best natural ways to solve mold problems at home.
Use Hydrogen Peroxide to Clean Mold
Hydrogen peroxide solution has antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties, and it’s available in many medicine shops. Therefore, using a hydrogen peroxide solution is the best residential mold removal solution. Furthermore, it can be used on various surfaces, including bathroom fixtures & tabs, kitchen appliances, wall surfaces, and hard floors.
- Use hydrogen peroxide with 3% concentration to spray areas with the black mold
- After 10-12 minutes, scrub the surface to remove mold spores and the stains
- Lastly, dry the place surface
Use White Vinegar to Remove Mold
White Vinegar has mild acidic properties and is used for disinfecting, deodorizing, and cleaning. Furthermore, it can kill 82% of mold species black mold included both on non-porous and porous surfaces. As soon as it’s used, its odor will vanish shortly.
- White Vinegar has 20% acetic acid, so spray mold surfaces using undiluted Vinegar
- After spraying, use water to wipe the area, then dry it
- After a few hours, the white vinegar smell will clear
Remove Mold Using Baking Soda
Many of us already know how crucial baking soda is as it absorbs odors and relieves heartburn. Furthermore, it can kill black mold in your home and absorb moisture which is the primary cause of mold. Additionally, it’s natural and has no significant harmful effects on your pets or family members.
- Mix 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda with water in a spraying bottle
- Shake until the solute dissolves in the solution
- Use the solution to spray the surfaces with a mold problem
- Scrub the surface with a scrub brush to remove mold spores and any residue
- Lastly, spray the area one more time
- Don’t wipe or scrub. Let it dry with baking soda solution.
Lemon is helpful for mold removal and an antiseptic, stain remover, cleaners, bleach, and natural deodorizer. When you use lemon on mold infected surface, it will break down mold because it has highly concentrated acid. Also, it will disinfect your surface to make it unconducive to mold growth.
- Extract juice from 3-5 lemons
- Pour the lemon juice over the mold-infested surface
- After 5 minutes, wipe the surface using a damp towel
- For tough mold stains, repeat the three process above
Essential oils are well known for their aromatherapy, but they can also be an excellent solution to mold problems. For instance, tea tree oil kills mold fast and works as an antiseptic, deodorizer, and insect repellent. Additionally, it can prevent mold spores from propagating in your home and improve air quality in your home.
- Mix a cup of water with one teaspoon of tea tree oil
- Shake the solution vigorously in a spray bottle
- Spray the surface with a mold problem
- After an hour, wipe the area with a dry towel or microfiber cloth
For professional mold remediation company call Servmold of Dallas at 214-935-1415